Massachusetts Condominium Law Cases
Types of condo law cases handled by the Massachusetts condominium attorneys at Goldman & Pease:
- Successfully represented condominium associations against contractors and developers on such issues as breach of fiduciary duty, defective workmanship, violation of the warranty of habitability, etc.
- Represent in excess of 40 condominium associations throughout Massachusetts, with rules enforcement, developer phasing, condominium documents amendments, collection of outstanding condominium fees and special assessments, and formation and conversions.
- Establish condominiums, including drafting the master deed, declaration of trust, rules and regulations, etc.
- Representation of developers in all phases of development, including purchase, sale, zoning, permitting, and construction related matters.
- Representation of builders, contractors, floor sanding companies, kitchen design and cabinetry firms, and HVAC companies with regard to establishing their companies, on-going corporate matter as well as litigation.
- Represent developers of single family to multiple family condominiums in renovations, conversions, and new construction with sales prices from $400,000.00 – $4,500,000.00.
- Represent contractors and subcontractors to enforce statutory mechanics liens for outstanding balances.
- Appear at zoning board hearings on behalf of homeowners and developers throughout the state for special permits, variances and 40B projects.
- Conducted hundreds of evictions on behalf of landlords and property managers for non-payment of rent, drug evictions, nuisance evictions, failure to vacate after a lease termination, violation of pet policies, noise, harassment, and violation of lease terms.
- Obtained a summary judgment of dismissal of a claim brought by a Civic Association against our client, a Boston real estate developer, and the Boston Zoning Board of Appeals alleging that our client had not properly obtained a permit. This favorable outcome enabled our client to successfully complete the development project.
- Successfully represented banks, mortgage companies, private lenders, buyers, and sellers in over 500 closings including, but not limited to, drafting loan documents and security agreements, purchase and sales agreements, drafting the requisite closing documents, recording the same, performing title searches, writing title insurance, and all other matters related to both residential and commercial lending.
- Represent condominium associations in obtaining a settlement of over $150,000.00 against a developer and sub-contractors on claims of defective design and installation of the roofs at the condominium complex.
- Represent condominium association at the trial court level and then on appeal against a bank who foreclosed for failure to pay delinquent condominium fees and collected both the fees and attorneys fees to prosecute said litigation.
Contact us for prompt assistance with your condominium law case.
Contact the condominium law attorneys at Goldman & Pease for a case evaluation regarding your Massachusetts condo legal matter.
Our condominium law attorneys handle all aspects of condo law in Massachusetts including association representation, condominium formation, rules enforcement, and fee collection cases. We serve clients throughout the Greater Boston region including Allston, Arlington, Belmont, Brighton, Brookline, Cambridge, Canton, Dedham, Dover, Milton, Natick, Needham, Newton, Norwood, Waltham, Watertown, Wayland, Wellesley, Weston, West Roxbury, Westwood, and all of Massachusetts and Rhode Island.